Friday 12 October 2012

This chica is Mexico bound!

I'm so confused right now - I don't know how to feel!  I'm s.u.p.e.r. excited that the Husband and I are finally going on a relaxing holiday - just the two of us.  No kids, no work, just the two of us!  We're going to a super nice resort with a private swim-up pool outside of our room and apparently the food is to 'die' for.  Yes, I definitely put that word in quotations and on purpose.

It's Mexico.  I've never been.  I've heard really amazing things about the ruins and how generally beautiful the country is.  However, I'm Canadian.  In the recent past, Canadians and Mexico seem to not be the best of combinations.  It's silly, I know.  We're not really going to leave the resort - I mean we're only going for 4 days.  I want to get as much sun and surf time in as I possibly can.  However, at the back of my mind, there's that nagging voice saying 'but what if...?'  I really need to find a way to turn that voice down, ASAP!

So, ya.  The food.  Let's talk about that little issue.  If fruits and veggies are off limits while there, what does that leave me with?  Yikes!  I guess I'd better make sure that there's a gym at this place so that I can get my runs in!  I think I'll probably be taking a JM video or two with me as well!  I refuse to come back having gained weight, but I also don't want to stress about it the whole time that I'm away!  Perhaps a little case of the traveller's upset wouldn't be the worst thing after all? ;)  At least we're only going for 3 nights (Thursday - Sunday.)  I should still have enough time to get back and drink an ocean's worth of water on both Monday and Tuesday to help bring things back down to a happy place for the Wednesday weigh in!

So, my MLFC challenge team has a name.  We shall forever more be known as Santa's Babes!  I'm so excited about this group of ladies!  Everyone seems to be completely on board with getting as much out of the next 50 days as they possibly can and that excites and motivates me even more!  I'm trying to come up with some really cool mini challenges that I can put out there for us during the course of the challenge.  Things like making and posting a meal plan and then sticking to it for the entire week!  Trying at least one new workout - like Zumba or hot yoga or whatever.  Something that takes you out of your comfort zone but maybe exposes us to something new and great!

On tap this weekend?  A whole lotta running!  The schedule has me doing 3.5 tomorrow and 9 on Sunday.  I'm kind of scared of the 9.  I don't know why, but I am.  Sounds like it's time to conquer it, huh? that's what she said  Stay tuned, I'll have my usual weekend wrap up on Monday!

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Emilie, I didn't know you have a blog! You will have an amazing time in Mexico, and you will rock the team challenge. :) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't publicize it too much, but I secretly love that people are actually reading it now! I'm kinda obsessed with the stats page! ;) I love your blog, by the way!
      Thanks Brandi - I'm really looking forward to the trip, it's been a long time since we've been away together, without kids on a beach vacation! It's going to be short but sweet! Hopefully there will be some nice pics to post afterwards!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!