Wednesday 10 October 2012

Aaaaaand I'm right back into the thick of things!

So, just when I thought that maybe I might have to find a new way to challenge myself to get to my next goal, along came the 60-day, MLFC Challenge!  Not only am I taking this weight loss game by the nuts for the next 60-days, but I'm also spearheading a group of 4 other amazing women as their Team Captain!  I know!!  Someone is letting me be in charge?  Mwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

The general idea of this next challenge is to, as a team, lose the most amount of weight between now (well, actually Oct 17 is the first weigh-in) and Dec 5th.  If I can keep the momentum up, I should be well into the 150's by the time the end of this one draws to a close which would be the best Christmas present ever!  I'm really looking forward to the next 60-days.  Santa's Babes (unofficial team name!) are gonna rock it!

I've been struggling this week with two things.  The first is how disappointed I felt on Monday when I stepped on that scale and it was up 2 lbs from where I was last week.  I really felt like that was a huge set-back.  I know, in the grand scheme of things it's only 2 lbs and it was probably either water retention from the extra work or for that matter a little back up in the plumbing if you know what I mean!  Not.A.Big.Deal.  However, it sucked.  Every week, that number has gone down - or at least only been up by the teeny-tiniest of smidges.  This was two whole pounds.

The other thing I've been struggling with is getting my 30-DS workouts in.  I think somewhere in my head, I'm blaming that one change in my routine for the weight-gain.  Even though I know that things have been changing in my body, I'm still so stuck on the number that glares back at me from that little window on my scale that I can't accept that the other changes (inches lost) are ultimately better than the numbers going down!

My answer to this problem?  I'm not getting on the scale in the morning at all this week.  Not until Monday morning.  Then I'll look.  And then I will know.  I've skipped one of my 30DS workouts this week, but I'm going to get the rest of them in.  If my weight is still up on Monday though, I'm gonna dump Jillian's ass on the curb and go back to my regularly scheduled running routine!  Me and running?  We have an understanding!  I do it, my weight goes down!  I like that arrangement.  A lot.

So, the husband and I have a big date coming up!  It's our 10-year anniversary on the 19th.  10 whole years I've been married to this man.  We've had some pretty great times together, and we've had some pretty rough times too.  At the end of it all though, we're still standing together and loving and laughing together.  We're still in the process of trying to book some time away.  Alone.  Sans children.  It's going to be exciting.  I will keep you posted!

In the meantime, anybody wanna share some kickass, 10th anniversary gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!