Tuesday 4 September 2012

Eeeeeeek! My baby's all grows up!

How did that happen?  Where the f did the last 4 years go?  This is a picture of me with my boys 4 years ago when my 'big' boy started JK.

Holy shmolie, how young do I look?  How teeny-tiny is my little man?  He was just starting to walk there and the big guy could still easily sit on my lap and not make me feel like I was going to lose a limb due to blood flow stoppage!

This is a pic of my boys from this morning as they were walking out the door, both heading to their first days at school.  The big man started grade 2...whaaaaaat?   Yup, grade freaking 2 and the little guy started his very first day of JK.  Sniff, sniff.
See what 4 years can do?  It definitely gets you a new paint colour on your front door and perhaps even a few hundred inches on a big boy!  And, just so you can see how much their adorable faces have changed, here's one more from this weekend!
We had such an amazing time this weekend, I have to tell you a little bit about it.  We spent the weekend at Blue Mountain where we explored the mountain (see those little 'gondolas' in the background of the above picture?  Those are the husband's worst nightmare!)  We went down the mountain on these amazing little bobsled-like contraptions that brought horrible images to my brain as we whipped around corners going full speed down the hill on a flimsy metal track with nothing but a little netting to catch us if we happened to become a worst case scenario!  It was fun though - like A LOT of fun!  We went swimming and hiking and had more fun together as a family than we have probably all summer.  All in all, it was the perfect ending to a very busy summer!

It was so nice, that I even relented and let my big boy take a picture of the husband and I.  I probably should have consulted with a mirror before agreeing, but oh well!  Here's what nature does to me!



I stepped on the scale Friday morning before going away and was 176 - which made my heart sing!  I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 177.6.  Most of that is just because I wasn't drinking water this weekend the way that I normally do.  I'm not too worried, I know I'll be down to 175 by the end of this week, perhaps even lower.  The immediate goal is to be 170 by next Friday.  169 would be even better, but not sure if that's realistic.  Fingers crossed...

I think what I'm most pleased with about this weekend (well, aside from the fact that we had such a great time and can't wait to go back!) is the fact that I didn't give in to all of the sweets and treats that I was surrounded by!  I made smart food choices all weekend and we were active the whole time!  It was fun and I didn't feel depressed when I stepped on the scale this morning.  As a matter of fact, those jeans that I'm wearing in the picture from 4 years ago?  Those are the same jeans that I pulled on this morning and am currently comfortably wearing while typing this!  Now that, is a victory!

Later this week?  The husband is creating our meal plan - he's apparently decided that it's time to get his game on too!  Yeeeeeeeesssssssss!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!