Saturday 15 September 2012

Bittersweet victory

Ok, so yesterday was the dreaded physical. I mean, who doesn't dread a physical anyway, right?  But yesterday was the day I was going to step on the scale in my Dr's office and go on record for the year.  The rest of it, meh, whatevs!  It was the stepping on the scale that had me biting my nails and trying to pee even when I didn't have too!

Have you ever tried to make yourself pee when you haven't had anything to drink since about 8:00 the night before and refuse to put anything more than the tiniest drop of water in your mouth to swish out the toothpaste that you unfortunately have to use if you don't want to actually kill your Dr with your disgusting morning halitosis! It's not easy and clearly not all that effective!

Soooooo, what you're all waiting for is what the scale said, I know!  I'm trying to keep you hanging a bit.  Is it working?  Probably not since I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who reads these rambles!  When I stepped on my scale yesterday morning, the scale said........172.4!  Not the 169 I was hoping for (hence the bittersweet part) BUT pretty f'ing close!  My Dr was happy with the number considering it was down 13 lbs from where I was last June (and I'm down a total of 22 lbs since this crazy Dicks vs Chicks thing got instigated!)  He's totally on board with my game plan of losing another 15 - 20 lbs but says that anything under 160 is a-ok with him!

I ran the numbers this morning, so far I'm at 11% body mass gone - that's not bad for 2 1/2 months, huh?  The husband is down 12 lbs which isn't even 10% for him.  I'm pretty sure the chicks have this one, but I'm not counting any eggs yet - these puppies still gotta hatch!  And by that I mean I still gotta lose more weight and the boys still have some time to kick it into high gear and do something dumb and boy-like, like lose 30 lbs by sneezing and farting at the same time!  Not likely, I know, but I think I read something like that once on the internets, so it's gotta be true, right? :0 )

Now for the weekend.  I've got a 2 miler today and a 6 miler tomorrow.  My treadmill is kind of fixed, but I think it still needs a part replaced.  I'm going to try and do my run tomorrow on it and see how it goes.  I cannot, CANNOT wait to see a 1 and a 6 on that scale.  There will definitely be photos for that one!

This week is going to be great!  It's the week leading up to my birthday weekend - how could it not be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!