Thursday 23 August 2012

It happened...

I finally made it into the 170's!!  I stepped on the scale yesterday morning to do my mid-week check, closed my eyes really tight and said a silent prayer hoping that it would say 179.something and when I opened them, it said 179.0!  If only I'd known that all you had to do was scrunch your eyes tight and say a little prayer, this would have been done a loooooooooong time ago!

I've been trying to take the running easy this week because my legs have been a tiny bit stiff from the run on Saturday night.   Now that I'm extra motivated to keep the pounds coming off, I don't want to sit on my butt either!  Last night however, I sat.  I spent the entire day cleaning my house yesterday.  I vacuumed, I scrubbed, I wiped, I tidied - I think, based on the 5 hours I spent cleaning that it's safe to say I burned about 500 calories cleaning.  So, that's why my couch won last night.  Today, however, I've got 4 miles on the treadmill because it's gotten super hot outside again.

I'm trying to decide what I should work towards next in terms of running goals.  Another 10 k?  Something more?  I'm not convinced that I have the dedication to do more yet.  I don't know that I want to do another 1/2 especially since crossing that 15 k finish line was extremely satisfying, don't get me wrong, but it was tough.  The question is what, where and when?

Suggestions?  Anyone...ANYONE??

Found this on Pinterest today and thought I'd share.  Well, let's be honest.  I put it here to remind myself that I should be doing these things on a weekly basis!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!