Friday 31 August 2012

FINALLY! It's Friday!

This has been one long freakin' week in our house.  It's been a pretty good week - lots of fun, smiles and tons of sunshine to finish off our last official week of summer vacation.  But maaaaaaaaaaaaan!  It's been L.O.N.G.

The husband finally returns tonight from his weeklong trip to San Fran and I could not be happier to see his face.  Whenever he goes away for longer than a night or two, I find a renewed sense of awe for how single parents do this 24-7, 365 days of the year.  I mean, don't get me wrong, the husband works a lot and long hours even when he's not traveling, but at the end of the day, when the kids are in bed and the house is quiet, it's nice to have someone to cuddle up to, to make all the stresses of the day fade away.

I must admit however, that my kids have been amazing this week.  They have been helpful, funny, respectful and truly enjoyable!  We've had fun going for bike rides, playing at the park, bowling, going on rides at the local Fun World, making pickles and so much more.  We've watched movies, we've played with their best buddies - we've really had the best week ever in their eyes!

Now, before you slam your computer shut and scream at the top of your lungs that I'm full of monkey-poop, let me also say that at the end of the day, no matter how angelic my little boys have been, there were moments.  Moments where it could have gone either way - as in either me drinking or crying!  Luckily, I had some pretty good company this week spending time with both my Bestie and Charlie who both made my days so much brighter!

As the seconds tick by though, and I sit waiting to get the text from the husband that he's safely back on the ground, I'm glad and a little bit sad that this week is coming to an end.  Glad because, well, it really has been a long one with each day jam packed to the fullest.  Sad though, because, next week my baby boy is going off to kindergarten and I'm not going to see his smiling little face as often anymore.  Be prepared for sappiness next week.  It's definitely coming!

Happy long weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!