Monday 30 July 2012

This elevator is going down!

A week - one whole entire week, 7 full days has passed since I last posted on here.  It's been a busy, but mostly pretty enjoyable 7 days though so I can't really complain.  And you wanna know the other reason why I can't complain?  Well, that, my friends would be because this morning when I stepped on the scale, it said 186.1!  Not quite the 5 lbs I was hoping for, but still 3.4 (I think) from last week and that's not bad at all considering my tiny little losses for the last few weeks.  Look out fingers and toes, you just won yourself a mani/pedi date!

The other reason why this makes me happy?  We went camping this weekend with Charlie and her family.  A little back-story here, in a previous life, I was called the Fairmont Princess.  I am not so much about being dirty and grungy and fending for myself for longer than a couple of days.  I have to tell you though, sitting around the campfire at the end of the day with good company and a few drinks was, well, a little bit of heaven!  I tried to be really good about the number of beers I had over the course of the weekend, but I also didn't restrict myself.  If I wanted a drink, I had one.  That being said, I was also fairly conscious of the things I was eating throughout the day too.

Probably the biggest factor in my loss last week though was sticking to my running schedule and making sure that I got that big run in BEFORE my weigh-in this morning.  When we got home yesterday afternoon, I have to admit, running was the last thing I wanted to do.  Quite honestly, I probably would have been just as happy to snuggle up on the couch with my little dudes and have a power nap.  I didn't give in though and I got my 7.5 mi done in 83 minutes.  Not too shabby considering that's the furthest I've run since my 1/2 marathon training days.

I'm really hoping that I can keep up this momentum and have another 3/4 lb week so that I can be within an arms reach of the 170's.  To keep on track with my 165 goal, I need to be at least 175 by the end of August, but preferably lower.  I'm really going to try and get my butt into the gym this week on top of my running schedule.  Next week we're at the cottage which has both it's pros and cons.  We will be there with my brother and SIL which means I'll have a running/workout buddy.  The bad news is that the cottage and yummy food go hand in hand.  I'll have to be prepared for that and find ways to work around those hurdles so that I don't gain while I'm away.

So, running, being hyper critical of what goes in my mouth - and when, and drinking a TON of water are all part of my game plan this week.  What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!