Wednesday 11 July 2012

Put another notch on the...

SCHEDULE!  This is not that kind of blog!  Although, I suppose there could be some confusion what with the whole inch by inch thing!  Luckily for you, it's not what this is about - which may or may not be a let down for some, but I'll try to make it up to you, I promise!  
So far this week, I've hit every single run on the schedule and been happy to do it.  Last night I almost baled, but then my phone died which meant that my avoidance tactic of texting was no longer available.  So, I hoisted by butt up off of the energy sucker that I call my couch and went downstairs to the dungeon.  
I'm really glad I did because even though the first mile sucked, once I was going, it was good and I even ran just a little bit faster!  Now don't go getting all excited for me - by faster I mean I ran the 3 miles at 5.6 instead of 5.5!  Nothing earth shattering, I know, but an increase none-the-less!
I now have a whole $12 in the workout jar.  Not enough to even buy a headband from LuLu, but enough to remind me that I'm getting there!
On a completely different topic, I'm now contemplating making some changes to our food.  I have a pretty good understanding of what goes into the foods I have in our home.  I know how to read labels and I understand how taxing it is on our bodies to digest highly processed foods.  We've always been fairly good about eating fresh fruits and veggies and choosing whole grain over bleached, white flours. However, lately, we've become somewhat lax in a few of these areas and I think that this is the perfect time to re-introduce my rule of eating unprocessed foods 95% of the time.  
I'm investigating the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno.  She has a book specifically for families with kids which I think I'll be picking up later this week so that next week's meal plan can incorporate some of those foods into it.   You can check out her books here.  The kids go to day camp for two weeks starting on Monday which means I'll have a lot more time for healthy meal prep and my runs!
Monday, here I come!!

I think I might try this out tonight after I make a certain someone walk with me (you know who you are...Charlie!)
Later gators!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!